Sunday, January 3, 2010

The what ocean?????

Yeah, I can't definitely can't take credit for the name.  And yes, I know we don't live remotely close to the beach.  This all hangs on Reggie Coe, our church's Family Pastor.  When Henlie, was dedicated at church as our newest edition, Reggie took it upon himself to coin the phrase "the estrogen ocean" in describing my plight as the only male in our household.  Though he tends to be quite the comedian, twenty-something years ago his life was very much the same as the daddy of three young girls as well.  I took it as a viewpoint from experience - from one who had "weathered the storm" - so to speak.  Now, not a week goes by that someone in the office doesn't  ask me how life in the estrogen ocean is that day, and so the phrase and its association with my life at home stuck.  And I love it.  I love the name and I love that God has given me the privilege of such a sweet life with these little women.  Undoubtedly, we see life through a different set of lenses at times, but one thing it doesn't provide is boredom...of any kind!

jim

No comments:

Post a Comment